PCDA (P) circular on OROP is available on the following link
PCDA (P) circular on OROP is available on the following link
1. The interaction of Naval Veterans has been rescheduled on 20 Apr 14 (Sunday) instead of 03 Apr 14 at 1030 hrs at Leherein, NSB I Chanakya Puri, New Delhi. Rear Adm Pradeep Joshi, Chairman Pay Commission Cell (Navy) will be chairing the meeting. Maximum attendence is expected from the retired faternity.
2. Naval fraternity are invited to put across relevant inputs which will be discussed in the meeting.
3. All naval veterans are requested to forward their names either by e-mail/letter/telephone to Secy, VSF by 15 Apr 14.
1. It is planned to hold an interaction of ESM with 7th Pay Commission Cell tentatively on 20 Apr 14 (SUNDAY) at 1030 hrs at Leherein, NSB-I, Chanakyapuri, New Delhi in stead of 03 Apr 14. The date has been postponed to a Sunday so that more naval veterans can attend the meeting.
2. Rear Adm Pradeep Joshi, Chaiman, Pay Commission Cell (Navy) will be chairing the meeting. All relevant inputs concerning the welfare of retired Naval community for inclusion in 7th Pay Commission Cell will be discussed.
3. It is requested that all interested ex-naval sailors may forward their names (with contact details) through email/letter/telephone to this office by 15 Apr 14.
4. The contact details of VSF office is as follows:-
Directorate of ESM Affairs
Integrated Headquarters, Ministry of Defence (Navy)
Room No 401, 4th Floor, Chanakya Bhawan
Chanakyapuri, New Delhi 110021
Tele No 011 2410 2305
Tollfree No. 1800 11 3999
e-mail – firstname.lastname@example.org
1. This office is under the process of compiling agenda points which would affect/benefit retired Naval personnel for VIIth Pay Commission Cell from all Naval Sailors.
2. It is planned to hold an interaction of ESM with VIIth CPC tentatively on 20 Apr 14 at New Delhi. The agenda points should address the concerns of retired Naval community.
3. In view of the above, it is requested that relevant points which need inclusion be forwarded to this office by 01 Apr 14 for compilation and onward intimation to VIIth CPC.
On completion of 50 years of Commissioning, INS Gomantak will be celebrating its Golden Jubilee in Mar 2014. To commemorate this occasion INS Gomantak intends publishing a Coffee Table Book.
Articles, anecdotes, memories and photographs showcasing the variety of operations, activities and role INS Gomantak has played in the past are solicited and welcome from veterans.
The same be forwarded for inclusion by mid Jan 14 to:-
E-mail :- email@example.com
Fax:- 0832 – 2513643
The Commanding Officer
Goa – 403802
This is to inform all veteran Officers that as per the existing rule, the minimum required service for the retired Officer’s Identity Card is 20 years.
1. As per 154 IG and PCDA(P), Allahabad Group Order No.748 regarding stopping/ discontinuation of authorization of pension in favour of private banks like ICICI Bank, HDFC Bank and Axis Bank.
2. In continuation, it is intimated that present pensioners i.e. pensioner already drawing pension through these private sector banks prior to issue of above Group Order, can continue to draw their pension from private sector banks as no change in procedure/ system in this regard has been advised by the Ministry.
1. In continuation of Indian Navy’s ongoing efforts to reach out to the retired Naval community Veteran Sailors’ Forum (VSF) was established in April 2008 to provide focus to the welfare of ex- naval sailors, widows and their dependents. The Forum has grown to 14 Regional Charters has a membership strength over 6,500.
2. In order to further strengthen the bond with retired community and to provide a platform to them for interaction, a dedicated website for Veteran Sailors’ Forum has been launched. The URL address of the website is appended below :-
3. The website comprises state of art features, some of them are appended below :-
(a) All the information regarding VSF, its Charters, Office bearers, Memorandum of Association, Rules & Regulations etc.
(b) Details of Welfare schemes to ESM by Central Government, State Government, Indian Navy and other agencies.
(c) All declassified policy letters related to ECHS, Canteen, Pension and other welfare activities.
(d) All job related vacancies received by this office.
(e) Details of AGM/GCM of VSF and its Charter which includes pictures, minutes and status of action agenda points.
(f) Provision of posting online query/grievances
(g) Link to other important naval websites/websites useful to ESM.
(h) Discussion Board
4. The website being regularly updated and suggestions regarding further improvement are welcome.
” REQUEST WIDE PUBLICITY “
FAQs on Implementation of OROP Issued Vide Govt. Order
Q:1 Are these orders applicable to those pensioners also whose date of commencement of pension is exactly 01.01.2006 ?
A: Yes, these orders are applicable to all Pre-2006 pensioners/family pensioners i.e. whose date of commencement of pension is on or before 01/01/2006.
Q:2 The date of commencement of family pension in respect of a family pensioner is 01.04.2006 whose late husband had retired from the service on 31.08.1999.Will the family pension of the family be revised under these orders?
A: Yes, the family pension will be revised under these orders because the deceased soldier was a pre-2006 retiree.
Q:3 It is being contended by some pensioners/their associations that the arrears on account of this revision should be paid w.e.f. 01.01.2006 as the orders are merely an amendment to GOI, MoD letter dated 11.11.2008. Please clarify?
A: As the provisior of these orders are effective from 24th September 2012. Hence no arrears shall be allowed for the period prior to 24th Sep 2012.
Q:4 Will the additional pension also be revised accordingly?
A: The improved pension will be the basic pension from 24.09.2012 and hence additional pension payable will also be revised accordingly by the PDA.
Q:5 The basic pension of a pre-2006 pensioner (Rank- Havildar, Group ‘D’) of Army having total qualifying service of 15 years is slated to be increased from 3500/- p.m. to 5301/- p.m. Is such a high increase in Basic pension is in order?
A: The increase in BP from 3500/- to 5301/- p.m. for the pensioner with particulars as mentioned above is in order. It is evident from the existing basic pension of 3500/- p.m. and the particulars given above that the PDA has not revised pension of the individual correctly w.e.f. 01.07.2009. The correct entitlement of the individual is as under:
Basic Pension w.e.f. : Date Amount Circular No.
01.01.2006 3500/- 397
01.07.2009 4635/- 430(as amended vide 482)
24.09.2012 5301/- 501
Q:6 In most of the cases neither the pensioner has applied to the PDA for revision of their pension nor any Corr PPO or instructions have been received by the PDA from the PSA. Please supply the proforma of application in this regard?
A: It has been clearly mentioned in the orders that the revision of pension by PDAs has to be made with reference to pension Tables annexed to the orders. No further authorization from the PSA or any application from the affected pensioner is required to carry out the revision.
Q:7 The tables annexed to circular No. 501 & circular No. 502 start from QS of 15 years onwards. How to revise the pension of a pensioner having less than 15 years if qualifying years?
A: For Q:5 less than 15 year such case may be referred to PSAs for issues of Corr PPO on Annexure ‘B’ and following elements of pension / type of pension are to be revised by PSA.
– Special pension
– Invalid pension
– Service element of disability pension in respect of PBOR discharged with less than 15 years qualifying service
– Service pension of TA personnel irrespective of their QS service and
– Service element of War Injury pension and Liberalized Disability pension
Q:8 Mr. ‘X’ who is a Hony Nb Sub, Gp ‘D’ pensioner having total QS of 24 Years is already drawing a basic pension of 7750/- p.m. However as per table 4 (Army) annexued to Cir No 501, his basic pension w.e.f. 24.09.12 should be 7601/- p.m. Please advice how to regulate such cases.
A: The existing pension of the pensioner in such cases might have been revised by PCDA (P) by issuing Corr PPO (s) based on some courts orders etc. No action by PDA is required in such cases.
Q:9 Mr ‘X’ is a DSC pensioner in receipt of two pensions, one for regular Army service, and another for DSC service. Are both these pensions to be revised by PDAs?
A: The pension for regular Army service will only be revised under these orders by the PDA. A reference for revision of pension for DSC service will be sent to PCDA (P). Kindly refer para 6.3 of this office Circular No 501.
Q:10 The tables annexed to Circular No 501, in respect of DSC pensioner seem to be incomplete e.g. the table in respect of Sep of DSC are only up to QS of 23 years. How to revise pension of a Sep of DSC who has total QS of 24 years or above?
A: Sepoy in DSC have maximum engagement period up to 20 years only with the exception that the maximum term of engagement can be up to 23 years in case of pensioner retired on or 30.05.98. Hence QS in such type of cases may be restricted to the maximum permissible and pension revised accordingly. Period-wise complete list of maximum terms of engagement for JCOs/ORs is enclosed in Appendix-X to Cir No 501.
Q:11 There is no table annexed to Cir No 502 to revise Ordinary Family Pension for NOKs of DSC Personnel. Please advise how to revise such cases?
A: The family pension in respect of DSC personnel who are in receipt of family pension for only DSC service are to be revised at the same rates as given for family pensioners of Regular Army. DSC personnel on “clerical duty” and “other duty” are entitled for family pension of regular Army personnel of group “Y” and “Z” respectively. (Kindly refer Para 5.2 of this office Circular No 502 dated 17.01.2013)
Q:12 What are the basic fields/data required to revise pension under these order?
A: The basic fields/data required to revise pension under these orders are as follows:
1. Type of pension viz Retiring pension/service pension/ Ordinary Family Pension/ Special Family Pension/ War Injury Pension/ Dependant Pension.
2. Rank of the pensioner
3. Group of the pensioner (only for JCOs / PBORs)
4. Qualifying service (without weightage)
5. Record Office
6. Date of commencement
7. Date of Retirement
Q:13 How to look for the above information in the PPO or related record?
A: In case of Post-86 retires all the information is generally available in the original PPO of the Pensioner. In case where the required information is not available in the PPO or other record of the PDA, the missing information may be called for from the PSA concerned.
Q:14 In case of pre-86 retires Qualifying service is generally not available in the PPO of the pensioner. Please advise the way out to regulate such cases.
A: The qualifying service in such type of cases can be looked for in the original Descriptive Roll of the pensioner or in the Corrigendum PPO(s). Original discharge book/certificate issued to the pensioner by the Record office is also an authentic source of such information. But all such case may be referred to PSAs for authorisation.
Q:15 Is capturing of information about Record office financially importance or can be done away with?
A: Following are the 4 major categories of JCOs/PBORs based on Record office:
1. Naval Record Office
2. Air Force Record Office
3. DSC Cannanore Record Office
4. All other Record offices except those mentioned above.
Different tables are available to cater to these categories and hence the importance of information about Record Office can’t be done away with.
Some Model Calculations are done here
Case – I
Name of Pensioner J.S. Bala
Name of Bank SBI Chandigarh
Existing Pension 26050/- (Circular No 397)
Qualifying Service 26 Years 05 Months
Date of Commencement 07/06/1990
Being a commissioned office of Regular Army, the revision is to be done as per Annexure –A (table No 1) annexed to PCDA (P) Circular No 500. Look in relevant column for the rank and relevant row for qualifying service. The revised pension w.e.f. 24.09.2012 comes out to 27795/- P.M.
Case – II
Name of Pensioner Smt. Amarjit Kaur
Name of Bank SBI Mohali
Existing Pension 8679/- (Circular No 397)
Date of Commencement 19/07/1990
Being the family of a commissioned office of Army, the revision is to be done as per Annexure –A (table No 2) annexed to PCDA (P) Circular No 500. The revised pension w.e.f. 24.09.2012 comes out to 10923/- P.M.
Case – III
Name of Pensioner Sukhvinder Singh
Name of Bank SBI Ropar
Existing Pension 13500/- (Circular No 397)
Rank MWO – Hony. Flying Officer
Qualifying Service 34 Years
Date of Commencement 01/01/1985
Date of Birth 08/12/1929
The existing pension of the pensioner is not in order. Firstly, it needs to be raised to 13590/- P.M. wef 01/07/2009 as per PCDA (P) Circular No 482 dt 19/04/2012. Then look for revised pension for the Rank and QS in Table – 20 (Air Force) annexed to Circular No 501. The revised pension should be 15465/- wef 24/09/2012. Moreover, as the pensioner is more than 80 years old, he is also entitled to additional pension corresponding to revised pension.
Nodal Officer for Queries Complaints Related to CSC 2012
S.No. Nodal Officer Name Address
O/o The PCDA (P)
1. Shri S K Mahajan, SAO Draupadi Ghat, Allahabad – 211014
Contact No: 0532-2421877, 2421879
Ext : 307
Email : firstname.lastname@example.org
2. Shri B K Seshadri, O/o The PCDA (P)
ACDA (Navy) 1, Cooperege Road, Mumbai – 400039
Contact No: 022-22021231, 222021346
Ext : 227
Email : email@example.com