New policy for recording amended / new DOB/Age of Dependents and Change in Address for Retired Sailors

8 Apr

Dear Veterans,

It is understood that retired sailors face difficulties in order to record date of birth and age of new members of their families and the changes in their contact address in their Discharge Book. We have received number of requests regarding non-receipt of original discharge book after the process of recording certain amendment. It was realised that these difficulties arose primarily due to the fact that the current procedure require retired sailors to forward the ‘Original Discharge Certificate’ to NAVPEN through their ZSBs for recording such amendments.

Taking a serious view of these issues, we have implemented a new and simpler procedure for recording such amendments. The fundamental difference is that now the original Discharge Book remains with the retired sailor and only the photocopy goes to NAVPEN for verification of the details.

The detailed policy letter is available here.

Hope it benefits large number of retired sailors.

Note:- Retired officers, please note, that there are no changes in the procedure for you.



4 Responses to “New policy for recording amended / new DOB/Age of Dependents and Change in Address for Retired Sailors”

  1. T.SELVARAJ. May 7, 2015 at 8:21 PM #

    Armed Forces Tribunal (AFT) is made for the purpose of Quick hearing and Quick judgement for the cases of the serving and Ex.service persons,because in CIVIL COURT taking many many years to get the judgement, But in my experience with the AFT it takes more time than the civil courts.I feel that the reason to get the reply/responses from the concern authorities of the departments very much delayed ..Also I feel that the the Advocates appearing for Defence ministry/ Union Government should take more interest to get the response from the concern departments.

    After the AFT if required the cases may be allowed to appeal to HIGH courts , because in the present procedure after AFT ,it may be allowed to appeal only at Supreme court,which is very difficulty for an ex-serviceman.

    Hope Defence ministry may look in to it.


  2. T.SELVARAJ. May 7, 2015 at 7:15 PM #

    Sir,I made comments in the blog in the month of April 2015 regarding Non-Pensioners case and Reservist pension case
    for sailors discharged before the year 1979.

    It was not come in the the blog and action on it.


    • DESANAVY May 8, 2015 at 8:07 AM #

      Your post on the quoted subject was approved by the administrator and is available on the blog.

      It may be noted that the matter is under consideration of the Supreme Court and therefore no specific comment can be offered till the judgement is delivered.


  3. C SHALIVAHAN, EX. POME April 10, 2015 at 11:59 AM #

    Thanks for the information


Comments are closed.

%d bloggers like this: